[XeTeX] XDV viewer

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 27 10:00:02 CET 2008

On 27 Feb 2008, at 3:55 am, Alastair M. Paterson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know of a .xdv file viewer that can be used with Windows?

AFAIK, the only way to visualize an .xdv file (on any platform) is by
converting it to PDF.

Think of .xdv as a purely internal format that happens to be used to
communicate between two stages of the overall process. The fact that
it's possible to capture this internal data into a file is an
irrelevant detail of the implementation.

> I need to see the output of this file (produced by MikTeX) without
> converting it to PDF.

Why do you need this?