[XeTeX] PDF files only sporadically included

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Feb 27 02:07:22 CET 2008

> > I sure can! See attached.
>
> Yes, this fails with xdvipdfmx. If you run xetex with the -no-pdf
> option, to generate an .xdv file, and then run xdvipdfmx separately
> on the resulting file, you'll get some warnings about it:
>
> 	** WARNING ** Invalid object label: 14 0
> 	** WARNING ** Could not find a name object.
> 	** WARNING ** Could not find a key in dictionary object.
> 	** WARNING ** Couldn't read xref trailer. Is this a correct PDF file?
> 	** WARNING ** No trailer.
> 	** WARNING ** Trailer not found! Corrupt PDF file?
> 	** WARNING ** pdf: image inclusion failed for "intro21a.pdf".
>
> But I don't know why this is happening; at first glance, anyhow, the
> PDF looks ok, and other programs read it successfully. So I guess it
> must be an xdvipdfmx bug; I'll try to dig a little deeper.

FYI: The latest dvipdfmx (CVS version) can embed intro21a.pdf,
     by using xbb and the new dvipdfmx.def:

%
% test.tex for 'intro21a.pdf'
%
% xbb intro21a.pdf
% latex test
% dvipdfmx test
%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{intro21a.pdf}
\end{document}

Best regards,
Akira