[XeTeX] How to use the XeTeX in subversion trunk ?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Feb 25 12:42:09 CET 2008

On 25 Feb 2008, at 9:55 am, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 25.02.2008 um 09:01 schrieb Axel E. Retif:
>
>>> However, I didn't find any notes about installing it in **my own
>>> Home directory** by setting proper TEXMFLOCAL, etc.
>

> Could be this is not sufficient. The TeX binaries assume that they
> are installed in some fixed relation to the TeXMF tree's root (you
> could try to launch xetex or xelatex from the directory in which they
> were built). A different relationship needs to be recorded during the
> configure process.

Not necessarily; all that is really needed is to put a texmf.cnf file
where the binaries will find it. I think putting it in the same dir
as the binary itself should work. Then all the other paths can be
explicitly specified in there.

But I'd highly recommend putting the binaries in the standard bin
directory instead, so that you don't have to worry about any other
paths.