[XeTeX] c.t.t. post re: \mag

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Tue Feb 19 15:12:27 CET 2008

Jonathan Kew wrote:

[ \mag ]

> I have just checked in corrections to both xetex and xdvipdfmx, and I
> believe this stuff is now working correctly.

I just spotted that the left and top margins (the origin of TeX's
coordinate system) are not scaled by \mag. This is in contrast to
pdftex. I'm not sure which one is correct. But the way pdftex does
seems more intuitive.

\mag=2000
\pdfpagewidth=210mm
\pdfpageheight=297mm

\def\atext{Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing
  elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore
  magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et
  justo duo dolores et ea rebum. }
\def\moretext{\atext\atext\par\atext\atext\par\atext\atext}

\moretext
\bye

Ciao
Andreas