[XeTeX] png output?

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:35:13 CET 2008

Hi Jonathan,

The idea to enhence dvipng came to my mind too, though I have no idea
where to start and what size that project would take. I'd be glad for
any hints.

kindest regards,
 Moritz

On 2/18/08, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2008, at 8:11 pm, Moritz Angermann wrote:
>
> > Dear ML,
> >
> > what is the prefered way to produce PNGs from XeTeX? For LaTeX there's
> > the dvipng tool but that one deals only with dvi's up to format 2 not
> > 5, wich is what xdv is.
>
> I don't know of any tool to do this directly (though enhancing dvipng
> to support xetex's output would be a possible project if anyone cares
> to work on it).
>
> However, you should be able to generate PNG from PDF with
> ImageMagick's "convert" tool or another graphics utility.
>
> JK

--------------- One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish ----------------
Moritz Angermann \ moritz.angermann\gmail.com
Barerstraße 35 \ M:+49 (0) 176 24 81 59 42 / H:+49 (0) 89 12 13 83 56
80799 Munich \  http://www.lunatic-bumblebee.com