[XeTeX] Where to Start (or LaTeX for theologians)

cmiramon at kde-france.org cmiramon at kde-france.org
Tue Feb 19 00:26:40 CET 2008

Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I personally recommend against LyX and or Scientific
> Word and those 'wrappers' around LaTeX because they
> make life easier in the beginning but become a
> nuisance later on.

Well, it depends if you spend a lot time writing on the screen or not. The
writing phase in Humanities is much longer than for example in Mathematics.
If you write your article on the screen, it is much nicer to hide all those
pesky codes that hide your thoughts. That is why I use LyX even if I could
write my article in a LaTeX editor.

LyX has also bidi cursor to make it easier to mix for example Hebrew and
Dutch.

Cheers,
Charles