[XeTeX] Segmentation fault on OpenSuSE 10.3 64 bit

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Sun Feb 17 17:33:50 CET 2008

On Sunday 17 February 2008, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> It sounds like a problem with the x86_64 build; were you previously
> running a 32-bit system?

Yes, it is my first 64-bit system.

> It might help if you are able to build an updated binary from the
> sources in the XeTeX repository (see the XeTeX/Linux page on
> scripts.sil.org for information); there have been a number of bug-
> fixes and improvements since the TeX Live release.

Indeed, rebuilding XeTeX from SVN does help, although this solution
obviously cannot be recommended, as it breaks normal package structure
for a package-based districution (and it is difficult to prepare a
normal RPM for XeTeX, as the spec is outdated).

Well, I have found a similar bug (marked as "fixed") in Novell's bug
database and added a comment there. Anyway, thank you for your answer.

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty