[XeTeX] Cite Devanagari in BibTeX

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:50:42 CET 2008

The only work-around I have found until now is to manually edit the
*.bbl file before finally xelatexing it to pdf. (Thanks to this post:
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/2004/MacOSX-TeX_Digest_07-29-04.html)

So the procedure that worked with my ffiilles was:

xelatex cite
bibtex cite
xelatex cite
------
manually edit cite.bbl and replace {\em उद्दिष्टः समाहितचित्तस्य योगः
। कथं व्युत्थितचित्तोऽपि} by {\arial उद्दिष्टः समाहितचित्तस्य योगः ।
कथं व्युत्थितचित्तोऽपि}.
------
xelatex cite

So maybe there is a way how I could modify the BibTeX macros to make
them recognize devanagari in the bibliography file and tag them
differently.

S.