[XeTeX] Beginner: Devanagari problems

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:46:02 CET 2008

>     \setmainfont[Script=Devanagari]{Arial Unicode MS}
>
>  if you want to set the overall font for the document, or
>
>     \newfontfamily{\arial}[Script=Devanagari]{Arial Unicode MS}
>
>  if you want a font identifier you can use for {\arial short runs} of
>  text.

Yes! This is exactly what I needed. Most of the document shall be
latin-based script, but some few words and citations in the
Bibliography must be written in Devanagari with correct typesetting.

I am now reading through the fontspec documentation. It is very
helpful. (http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/anvc/abstract.php?abstract=347)

Thanks again,

S.