[XeTeX] Beginner: Devanagari problems

Alastair M. Paterson TheDoc at WadiZaytoon.org
Fri Feb 15 12:25:15 CET 2008

Hi Sven!

This is a very rushed repoonse but I am also very new to this and am
using Devanagari. Maybe I had the same problem as ligatures were not
connected properly. What corrected this was to use a font as follows:

\font\Kal="Kalimati:script=deva" at 16pt

Putting the script=deva in corrected the rendering.

If you need to install a font after MikTeX has been installed, install
it through windows as you would any other font then go into the command
prompt and run
fc-cache -f -v

This should make MikTeX recognise the new font.

Hope this helps.

Alastair