[XeTeX] kpathsea problem??

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Wed Feb 13 10:31:39 CET 2008

Am Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:09:49 -0500 (EST) schrieb
maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu:

> Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> A simple test file that should produce the same error is
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \begin{document}
>> \fontfamily{pzd}\fontencoding{U}\selectfont abc
>> \end{document}
>
> A more minimal file than my minimal file--I love it!
>
> And I can confirm that this does not work on my Linux machine.  Basically
> the same error msg:

Yes I thought so.

>> I would suspect a problem with dvipdfm.map, but I don't know exactly how
>> xetex searches fonts. So I think that you should at first check if
>> everything works with normal tex/pdflatex:
>
> That gives me an immediate error, at least if I'm running it correctly:
> ---------------
>> pdflatex test1.latex
> This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

That's bad. Do you have more than one TeX on your PC? E.g. did you have
tetex and then installed texlive? Or did you update only parts of your
TeX recently? Do you more than one texmf.cnf? (I don't have linux, but I
do find the path "/usr/share/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex" a bit dubious).

--
Ulrike Fischer