[XeTeX] kpathsea problem??

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 12 19:14:02 CET 2008

Am Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:49:26 -0500 (EST) schrieb
maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu:

> Here's the minimal XeTeX doc that displays the problem:

> And the file /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/upzd.fd has both 'pzd'
> and 'pzdr', so I guess the three names are tied together somehow.
>
> All of which gets me down to the place *where* the error occurs, but
> doesn't tell me *why* it occurs.  As was suggested, I imagine I have a
> configuration error.  But how do I diagnose this?

A simple test file that should produce the same error is

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\fontfamily{pzd}\fontencoding{U}\selectfont abc
\end{document}

I would suspect a problem with dvipdfm.map, but I don't know exactly how
xetex searches fonts. So I think that you should at first check if
everything works with normal tex/pdflatex:

Try it with normal pdflatex and look if at the end of the log-file
uzdr.pfb is mention. Run it also with latex and then dvipdfmx -vv test.
What messages does dvipdfmx give?

--
Ulrike Fischer