[XeTeX] Superscript in Linux Libertine

Till Rettig till.rettig at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 09:52:35 CET 2008

> On 09/02/2008, at 9:39 PM, Till Rettig wrote:
>

>> I tried recently to set a document with Linux Libertine (O) that
>> should
>> have old style numbers. Apparently this caused the use of normal old
>> style numbers also for superscript numbers (e.g. for footnotes).
>>

> I would argue that this is a bug in the font, but there's a chance
> it's XeTeX's fault instead (Jonathan?). Take a look how the font is
> interpreting the features:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec{Linux Libertine O}
> [test 123]
> \fontspec[Numbers=OldStyle]{Linux Libertine O}
> [test 123]
> \fontspec[VerticalPosition=Superior]{Linux Libertine O}
> [test 123]
> \fontspec[Numbers=OldStyle,VerticalPosition=Superior]{Linux Libertine O}
> [test 123]
> \end{document}

This shows it really clearly and what I was suspecting already: old
style numbers are not mapped to normal superscript numbers. I will
report it. But about the xetex side: Is there an easy way to have an
override directly in the code or is it more complicated to implement
this? I mean exactly what you mention that overrides the font settings
so that direction rules over variant forms.

Greetings
Till