[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 47, Issue 36

Till Rettig till.rettig at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 09:11:32 CET 2008

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:51:06 +1030
> From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [XeTeX] Adding font features to LM fonts
> To: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms <xetex at tug.org>
>
> Hi Till,
>
> New versions of the LM fonts have just been released that should fix
> some of the problems you mention. With v0.997 of XeTeX, I can compile
> this document okay:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \setmainfont[Numbers=Lowercase]{Latin Modern Roman}
> test 123 \itshape me \bfseries hello
> \end{document}
>
> But you're right -- you can't change the features applied to the
> default LM fonts loaded by fontspec. The new OpenType versions of LM
> should work correctly with respect to optical sizes, too, so it
> shouldn't be that painful to load LM with fontspec commands now.

This sounds great, I will try the new fonts! Thanks for the hint. I
still have xetex 0.996, but I guess this won't influence the issue. I
guess I will have to put the fonts into .fonts directory?
Which comes to another issue: I noticed that Miktex has obviously
implemented the Tex font paths also for xetex: e.g. Anytkwa Torunska get
found by xetex as part of miktex (being located somewhere in the texmf
tree), but fails with texlive if it is not installed in a .fonts
directory. How can I add the paths of the texmf font directories to
xetexs search path?

Greetings
Till