[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 47, Issue 36

Till Rettig till.rettig at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 09:06:52 CET 2008

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 01:31:09 +0100
> From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
> Subject: Re: [XeTeX] Superscript in Linux Libertine
> To: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms <xetex at tug.org>
>

> Am 09.02.2008 um 12:09 schrieb Till Rettig:
>

>> \setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle,Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}
>> %\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
>>

> Why are using that O in the font name? Does pdffonts show that Linux
> Libertine is used in the PDF file?

There are two versions of Linux Libertine, one is otf (O), one is ttf
(without O). I get the fonts to show, this is _not_ the problem, I get
old style numbers, this is also _not_ the problem, but I cannot get
normal superscript numbers when I chose old style numbers. I remember
somebody had a code to make footnote marks except superscript numbers,
maybe I can get it to work with this, but I dont find the code anymore.
I guess now that it is really a problem with the otf tables: the mapping
tells normal numbers to be mapped to superscript numbers if demanded,
but it has been forgotten to be implemented also for old style numbers
(maybe beacause there are no superscript old style numbers). I cannot
confirm this myself but think it is the reason for this behaviour.

Greetings
Till