[XeTeX] Problem with Japanese font

Gerrit Sangel z0idberg at gmx.de
Sat Feb 9 18:09:03 CET 2008

Hello list,

I have the following problem with Xelatex:

I want to write a text in Japanese with the font EPSON 正楷書体M
(http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/download2/printer/driver/win/page/ttf30.htm)

if i specify a command for the font:

\newcommand{\kaisho}[1]{{\setromanfont{EPSON 正楷書体M}\XeTeXlinebreaklocale "ja"
#1}}

and use it in the text, Xelatex seems to run flawlessly but does not generate
any output. In the log the following is written:

\c at zf@famc at EPSON 正楷書体M=\count92
Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for "EPSON 正楷書体M" with op
tions [] on input line 31.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font EPSON 正楷書体M/B (it might
 not exist) on input line 31.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font EPSON 正楷書体M/I (it might
 not exist) on input line 31.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font EPSON 正楷書体M/BI (it migh
t not exist) on input line 31.

etc.

I opened the font in Fontforge, and “EPSON 正楷書体M” is written as a Japanese
family in the font names.

Does anybody maybe know how to solve this?

Thanks
Gerrit Sangel