[XeTeX] Where to start

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:50:14 CET 2008

Hey Arno,

> No hints, sorry, but the same problem. I’m very
> interested in XeTeX, but
> didn‘t even manage to compile a simple document
> (TeXLive, Arch Linux).
> I’m still searchin for any documentation,
> haven‘t found anything.
> Is this because XeTeX isn‘t yet officially
> released or something like that?

What do you mean? XeLaTeX is just like normal LaTeX,
for which there are many tutorials (see www.dante.de),
or the 'Not so short introduction to LaTeX', which
you'll find on the web, and probably also in your
local tex-distribution.

XeLaTeX is a specific version of (La)TeX. Consider the
different versions of TeX as different engines for a
car. All manufacturers have their own engines, but in
the end, they are all internal combustion engines and
all do the same function. XeTeX is one of the very
latest TeX engines.

Regards,
Wilfred