[XeTeX] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Feb 8 12:26:01 CET 2008

> Opening this PDF on Mac OS X 10.5.1 in either Preview or Acrobat,
> copying its content and pasting it in a text document with TextEdit,
> there's no problem: no decomposed glyph.

  There are no “decomposed glyphs” ... but the characters are :-)
According to where you paste them, characters copied from Preview may be
put in Unicode Normalization Form D (decomposed) – apparently,
pasting them to Terminal does that; TextEdit keeps the exact stream.

  This means that when you paste a <U+00D6 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O WITH
DIAERESIS> from Preview to some applications, it will be decomposed into
<U+004F LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O, U+0308 COMBINING DIAERESIS>.  I can
imagine that it happens for Emacs, for example.

	Arthur