[XeTeX] Stack exceeded in XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Feb 8 11:43:02 CET 2008

On 8 Feb 2008, at 10:28 am, John Was wrote:

> Dear Peter
>
> This is the mystery:  I am *not* including ad2head again.  In this
> failed
> example I have commented out \input ad2head from the start of the file
> black.tex, so there is no reason for XeTeX to think that it has to
> \input
> ad2head a second time.  But I agree - it looks as if it is doing
> just that.
> Not by my instruction though!

Either it's a bug in XeTeX itself, which I'd like to track down and
fix, or else there's something about your files that is causing the
loop/recursion. What encoding are your files? What line endings? (It
shouldn't matter, but...)

Would you be willing to send me enough of your material to reproduce
the problem (off-list email is fine)? If you can cut it down to a
small example, so much the better.