[XeTeX] Stack exceeded in XeTeX

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 8 11:28:19 CET 2008

Dear Peter

This is the mystery:  I am *not* including ad2head again.  In this failed
example I have commented out \input ad2head from the start of the file
black.tex, so there is no reason for XeTeX to think that it has to \input
ad2head a second time.  But I agree - it looks as if it is doing just that.
Not by my instruction though!

I guess I'll just have to live with this for the book, and tell the
periodical editors that I won't after all be going over to XeTeX for that
publication - a pity, since there is sometimes Russian to set, which is
awkward for me in plain TeX.

Best

John