[XeTeX] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Julien ÉLIE iulius at via.ecp.fr
Thu Feb 7 20:31:24 CET 2008

Hi Arthur,

> To sum up, wanting to be smart and inputting the appropriate Unicode
> characters directly is of course legitimate, and should be handled
> correctly by XeLaTeX (this is the “first step” I highlighted in my

You are right.
However, what I was pointing at was the fact that XeLaTeX was not doing
that since Polyglossia added an extra \thinspace after a non-breaking
space 0x00A0 before a question mark.

I know it will be fixed by François, as he said in this mailing-list.

> but if you only go half the way, I don't consider it
> should be a priority for Polyglossia to correct your input – although I
> do think this would be a nice thing to do

Sure.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les légionnaires ont adopté pour attaquer la redoutable tactique
  dite de la tortue. Pour battre en retraite, les légionnaires
  adoptent l'efficace tactique dite du lièvre. » (Astérix)