[XeTeX] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 18:03:06 CET 2008

Le 7 févr. 08 à 16:47, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :

> An example for XeLaTeX would be:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
>
> \begin{document}
> \^{u} % copies badly
>
> \fontencoding{T1}\selectfont
> \^{u} % copies fine
> \end{document}
>
> So the problem is not the input but the output encoding: the default
> encoding eu1 from fontspec doesn't contain the necessary commands to
> map
> the commands like \^{u} to the correct single glyph "ugrave".

That's what the xunicode package does if I'm not mistaken.

And in addition if you want to deal similarly with legacy TeX
ligatures such as --, ---, !`, ?`, '', ``, then you need to switch the
tex-text teckit mapping.

Which would transform your preamble to:

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}