[XeTeX] XeTeXinterchartokenstate

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Feb 7 11:28:31 CET 2008

John Was a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I wanted to try out the interchartoken feature but I'm getting
> 'unknown control sequence' messages with the following simple
> experiment (designed to bring a Greek asper closer to a capital A):
>
> \XeTeXinterchartokenstate = 1
> \XeTeXcharclass `\῾ 11
> \XeTeXcharclass `\A 13
> \XeTeXinterchartoks 11 13 = {\kern -0.05em}
>
> All three of these control sequences are unrecognized.
>
> My installation is from the TeXLive2007 disk so is presumably out of
> date, though I tremble at the thought of reinstalling the SVN version
> from scratch.  Is there some specific file that I can/should alter or
> replace?
As you suspect, the interchartoken features require xetex v0.997. SVN
compilation and installation is not hard on Linux or Mac, but probably
more difficult on Windows. Instead I guess you can replace your xetex
binary with this one:
    ftp://akagi.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/pub/TeX/win32/xetex-dev-w32.tar.bz2
Windows users can probably confirm whether this would work.

FC