[XeTeX] Conflict between xunicode and fontspec?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:54:29 CET 2008

On 07/02/2008, at 6:19 AM, Julien ÉLIE wrote:

> I have a question:  why should polyglossia be written from scratch?
> Couldn't Babel be "updated" to be used with XeLaTeX?

Longer story short: no :) Almost everything that polyglossia and babel
have in common are implemented in pretty different ways. And there're
lots of new features that we'd like to add to polyglossia (e.g., like
the mem package) but the base packages of LaTeX don't really have
features added to them any more...

Will