[XeTeX] XeTeX and PDF Forms

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Feb 5 22:40:42 CET 2008

On 5 Feb 2008, at 6:13 pm, mike leonard wrote:

> On 2/5/08, Andreas Matthias <amat at kabsi.at> wrote:

>> Hyperref does support forms:
>>
>> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>> \usepackage{hyperref}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{Form}
>> foobar: \TextField[name=foobar]{}
>> \end{Form}
>> \end{document}

> I had stumbled on this tutorial before I posted my question initially
> and tried the same thing you suggest here, but I couldn't produce a
> working form. The text labels showed up OK, but there were no form
> fields.

I just tried this and it worked OK for me; the form field appears and
Acrobat Reader lets me type into it (but not save the completed form
-- though I can print it, including "print to PDF").

Are you running on Mac OS X, and using xetex 0.996 (or even earlier)?
If so, you'll need to explicitly specify the xdvipdfmx output driver
(via a TeXShop engine file, a command-line option, or similar,
depending on the environment you're using). The default xdv2pdf
driver will not support forms, I'm sure.