[XeTeX] XeTeX and PDF Forms

mike leonard mikeleonard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:13:57 CET 2008

On 2/5/08, Andreas Matthias <amat at kabsi.at> wrote:
> mike leonard wrote:
>
> > I hope it's not poor etiquette to respond to my own post. I'm guessing
> > that the lack of responses indicates that there's really no way to use
> > XeTeX for creating fill-in forms. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>
> Hyperref does support forms:
>
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{Form}
> foobar: \TextField[name=foobar]{}
> \end{Form}
> \end{document}
>
> Have a look at <CTAN:info/pdf-forms-tutorial>. When running the
> example files through XeTeX remember to delete the lines that
> load inputenc and fontenc and the pdftex specific options of
> hyperref.

I had stumbled on this tutorial before I posted my question initially
and tried the same thing you suggest here, but I couldn't produce a
working form. The text labels showed up OK, but there were no form
fields.

> I might be helpful to run xdvipdfmx individually when experimenting
> with forms to see all warnings of xdvipdfmx. That is:
>
> # xelatex --no-pdf file
> # xdvipdfmx file.xdv

I'll try this and see if I get any information that might be useful.
And I'll look into the DVIPDFMx project, as Jonathan suggests. Can
anyone suggest a good starting point for research?

All the responses are greatly appreciated.

--Mike