[XeTeX] c.t.t. post re: \mag

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Feb 4 18:55:07 CET 2008

On 4 Feb 2008, at 5:43 pm, Andreas Matthias wrote:

> Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> Two bugs, actually; xetex was incorrectly scaling the \pdfpagewidth
>> and height values when generating its xdv output, and xdvipdfmx was
>> handling the \specials inconsistently.
>>
>> I have just checked in corrections to both xetex and xdvipdfmx, and I
>> believe this stuff is now working correctly.
>
> Thanks. It's working great now.
>
> However, there's one little nuisance. During testing I wrote
> \special{papersize=100mmtrue,200mmtrue}. Note the wrong dimensions;
> it should me `100truemm'. Running this through xetex didn't produce
> any warnings, although running xdvipdfmx individually did produce a
> warning.
>
> It would be very helpful if warning messages of xdvipdfmx wouldn't
> get choked by xetex.

Yes, I agree. Currently, xetex by default runs xdvipdfmx with the -q
flag, but this suppresses too many messages. (Running without it
gives an untidy result as xdvipdfmx's page numbers, etc., get
interleaved with xetex's.) But we need to look more carefully at
exactly which messages are shown or suppressed for the various levels
of quietness/verbosity; -q is currently "too quiet".

Thanks for the feedback!