[XeTeX] compiling xdvipdfmx

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 10:13:35 CET 2008

Hello,

Due to the nature of my XeTeX participation, I've never really
bothered too much with what version of xdvipdfmx I'm running.

However...I'm running into some problems since I upgraded to Mac OS X
10.5. For example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec{Osaka-Mono} test
\end{document}

(The output is attached at the end of this email).
So I reckon I need a newer version of xdvipdfmx -- I'm using v0.4. But
compiling out of the box leads to troubles during ./configure:

checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
configure: error: kpathsea library not found
This version of xdvipdfmx requires the kpathsea library and its
headers. If
you know where it is you might try setting the LDFLAGS environment
variable
with -L pointing to the directory containing libkpathsea.a.

Bleah.
So... what should I do? :)

Cheers,
Will

Here's the output from xdvipdfmx:

DVI File Info
Unit: 25400000 / 473628672
Magnification: 1000
Media Height: 41484288
Media Width: 26673152
Stack Depth: 3
Page count:	    1
DVI Comment:  XeTeX output 2008.02.03:1924

DVI file font info
TeX Font: Osaka-Mono loaded at ID=   16, size= 9.93pt (scaled 99.6%)
TeX Font: [/Users/will/Library/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/
lmroman10-regular.otf] loaded at ID=   14, size= 9.96pt (scaled 100.0%)
small.xdv -> small.pdf
<AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<Osaka-Mono(Osaka:Regular-Mono)@9.93pt<NATIVE-
FONTMAP:Osaka-Mono/H>
fontmap: Osaka-Mono/H -> Osaka-Mono/H(Identity-H)

pdf_font>> Input encoding "Identity-H" requires at least 2 bytes.
pdf_font>> The -m <00> option will be assumed for "Osaka-Mono/H".

** WARNING ** Unknown 'post' version: 00040000
** ERROR ** Could not obtain neccesary font info.

Output file removed.