[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx problem with truetype font (Gill Sans)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Feb 2 20:32:30 CET 2008

Am 02.02.2008 um 17:12 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> Because those are LWFN fonts, which are a legacy Mac-only packaging
> format (with PostScript code in resources); xdvipdfmx doesn't yet
> know how to handle them.

Does this mean that xdvipdfmx is not using any (type or font)
services from Mac OS X, that it relies completely on libfontconfig?
Fc-list lists for me PostScript fonts in the LWFN Gill Sans font
files, so it seems to be able to read some of the zero bytes ... or
does it take its knowledge from the TeX installed fonts?
Libfontconfig has access to them.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?