[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx problem with truetype font (Gill Sans)

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Fri Feb 1 17:56:30 CET 2008

On 2008-02-01, at 12:17, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 01.02.2008 um 11:09 schrieb Bernhard Barkow:
>
>> \RequirePackage[no-math]{fontspec}
>
> In the LaTeX file \usepackage is recommended.

Thank you for the hint - I forgot to mention that this is actually in
a class file (I didn't even know \RequirePackage could work outside
of a style or class file…). I tried it with and without [no-math], by
the way, but I guess that doesn't affect the font-issue.

> According to my experience success depends on the „Tagesform“ – it
> can vary from day to day or reboot to reboot. Today also Futura and
> Optima work – I should do some real work now!
>
> I made some simple tests with just
>
> 	%\setmainfont{Gill Sans}
> 	\setmainfont{GillSans}
>
> with varying success with either xdvipdfmx or xdv2pdf. Still on
> Tiger, Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Well, ok, that is at least some consolation :-) Maybe I have just
been lucky so far…
My setup is also 10.4.11,
XeTeX 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (Web2C 7.5.6),
xdvipdfmx-0.4,