[XeTeX] View glyph IDs under Windows

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Wed Dec 31 19:08:58 CET 2008

As I said, try the demo version of FontLab Studio from
http://www.fontlab.com

The demo version lets you open all Type 1, TrueType and OpenType fonts,
navigate through the internal structures, even run Python scripting. And
of course, if you switch the Font Window to the Index mode, you will see
all glyphs ordered by their ID.

Or use the tx commandline utility that comes with Adobe FDK for OpenType
(aka AFDKO):
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/opentype/afdko/

After installing, run it like:
tx -pdf -o output.pdf -f input.otf

There is also another commandline app "fontplot" included in that
package that gives you finer control over the PDF output.

Both apps are not opensource but are available free of charge for
Windows and Mac OS X.

Regards,
Adam

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)