[XeTeX] Problem updating TeXLive in Windows

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Thu Dec 18 18:08:14 CET 2008

Am 17.12.2008 um 08:52 schrieb John Was:

> If this doesn't work I'll content myself with the distribution on
> the disc
> and wait for next year's update - or else buy a Mac if they come
> down to
> about £5 in the January sales.

Of course changing from a PC to a Mac is always a great idea ;^) , but
unfortunately your problem wouldn't go away, because the MacTeX
distribution has the same tlmgr and I've encountered the same problem
you described.

But don't worry, once you come over the initial bug in the update
mechanism (just follow Peter's advices), tlmgr will work flawlessly.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn