[XeTeX] Including encapsulated Postscript files using xelatex

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 18:19:55 CET 2008

Hi Joe,

First of all, I'd change

> \usepackage[dvips]{graphics}

\usepackage{graphicx}

You're using xelatex so no need for the dvips driver, and graphics is obsolete.

Further, as far as I know, all 'pdf-capable' latexes only take PDF, PNG, and JPG as graphics. Either convert your sample.eps to PDF with ps2pdf, or insert a \DeclareGraphicsRule somewhere to do the conversion on-the-fly.

Cheers,
Wilfred