[XeTeX] Redefining \XeTeXpic file and \XeTeXpdffile

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Thu Dec 11 09:37:22 CET 2008

On 11 Dec 2008, at 06:35, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> Thanks for your quick answers.
>
> But what I really maent was ``redefining \XeTeXpicfile so we can
> keep its original syntax (just like the original command)  where
> height and width value are variables".
>
> For example after redefining the command, if I say "\XeTeXpicfile
> "flower.jpg"", I really want it to act like "\LR{\XeTeXpicfile
> "flower.jpg"}".
>
> Is this possible?

Difficult, because of the variable number of keyword-specified options
that may follow, with no explicit ending delimiter. It's certainly
*possible* with sufficient macro trickery, but I wouldn't want to
bother trying. Better to simply adopt an already-existing higher-level
approach such as \includegraphics.