[XeTeX] Help on pdf documents size restriction

Francisco Chaves pachopepe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:31:38 CET 2008

Hi all

I am working on project and I am generating pdf documents using XeLaTeX, but
I have a constraint size of 35KB including a digital signature (more or less
8KB). I 've used differents fonts such as  "URW Gothic L" having as a final
result a pdf  documet size of 24KB. Nevertheless,  I have to use the Arial
Narrow font and I only have the ttf files from windows, but with this font
the pdf size increases to more than 45KB.

What would you suggest I have to do in order to reduce the pdf document
size?
I have asked my self about what are the best type of fonts to reduce the pdf
size  (otf, ttf, pfa, pfb, ...)? but I have not come up with an answer.
does exist a converter between ttf and any other font format in order to
obtain a better document size?

Thanks in advance
--
Francisco Jose CHAVES