[XeTeX] Testing required; was: Please help me with \XeTeXinterchartoks

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:14:56 CET 2008

On 02/12/2008, at 10:07 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> (Note that there are some default class assignments already preloaded
> in the format files; see unicode-letters.tex. (We really should have a
> \newclass allocator, it just hasn't gotten done yet.) So you may want
> to avoid clashing with those.)

Hi Jonathan and others,

How's this look as an addition to xltxtra? (See attached.)

(Or would you like this built as part of the Xe(La)TeX format?)

Do you prefer \newclass or \newcharclass ? (I prefer the latter, I
think.)

Cheers,
Will

\newcount\xxt at charclass
\xxt at charclass=3
\def\newcharclass#1{%
   \global\advance\xxt at charclass\@ne
   \ifnum\xxt at charclass<255
     \allocationnumber=\xxt at charclass
     \global\chardef #1=\allocationnumber
     \wlog{\string#1 = char class \the\allocationnumber}%
   \else
     \PackageError{xltxtra}{%
       No room for a new char class%
     }{%
       Some package has assigned too many char classes.^^J%
       Please ask for help on the XeTeX mailing list.
     }%
   \fi
}