[XeTeX] Rotating in PDF

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:58:11 CEST 2008

On 28/08/2008, at 3:41 PM, Fabrice DELENTE wrote:

> Is it possible to rotate text in PDF?

Of course.

> I use asymptote with XeLaTex (This is
> XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.1 (Web2C 7.5.6)) which produces
> PDF
> through xdvipdfmx.

Please put this very relevant information into the subject of the
post. If you'd mentioned XeTeX on the asymptote mailing list I may
have chimed in earlier.

asy and XeTeX just don't behave for me at the moment. I suspect I need
to install a newer version of xdvipdfmx or something. Even this file
isn't displayed properly when I execute xelatex, asy, xelatex:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphics,color}
\usepackage[inline]{asymptote}
\begin{document}
\begin{asy}
pair O=0;
draw(scale(2)*Label("N",.8red),O,10*N,linewidth(5mm));
\end{asy}
\end{document}

(The dot is cropped into a quarter circle.)

Trying your complete file produces labels that are very weirdly
rotated. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Will