[XeTeX] Ligatures not working using Utopia

Andrew Moschou andrew.moschou at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Aug 26 16:19:21 CEST 2008

> Thank you for providing the fifl-ligs files.  If I append the contents
> of fifl.ligs.map to tex-text.map in the folder MiKTeX
> 2.7\fonts\misc\xetex\fontmapping and compile the .map to a .tec file,
> the ligatures work fine.

I recommend creating a new file, say tex-text-ligs.map, in preference to
editing an existing file, and putting it in the local TeX folder. (In
general, it is a good idea to keep custom files separate from the system
installation. This way, you don't risk losing what you've done if you update
MiKTeX (say, if MiKTeX replaces tex-text with a newer version), and if you
ever use a font that properly uses the ligatures through OpenType, there
won't be confusion with the remapping if you use tex-text.

Andrew