[XeTeX] xelatex and quoting text

sjo sjo222 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 21:13:27 CEST 2008

I am using:

\setmainfont{Palatino Linotype}

in my xelatex document, and would like to quote some text in the
proper way. In Latex I would normally do ``text to be quoted" but that
does not seem to work for Palatino Linotype as declared above.

If I insert the special quotes in Palatino that works, but if I return
to using the default font I will not get the right results.

\textquotedblleft Hello\textquotedblright seems to give me a right
quote both on the left and the right.

I have seen references to csquotes but am not sure how to go about
getting the right results no matter what fonts is used.

Any help appreciated.

Jon