[XeTeX] placing and colouring a graphic

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 22 15:25:40 CEST 2008

Am 22.08.2008 um 15:07 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> William asked about xdv2pdf:
>
> "So I'm wondering if it's even possible to place a 1-bit graphic in
> xetex using xdv2pdf and Apple's pdf rendering technology."

And I added:

%    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf,.png,.jpeg,.bmp}			% formats
with xdvipdfmx
%    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.mac,.pict,.psd,.sgi,.tga,.tif,.gif}
% additionally with xdv2pdf

OK, this can be misleading, since it's not necessaryto use
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{} because it's all built in. And I just
tried it with xdv2pdf: a TIF file from a monochrome PBM file from GNU
Emacs, converted with convert, could be included. So it works with
"xdv2pdf and Apple's pdf rendering technology."

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone.
				– Amiri Baraka, 1999