[XeTeX] problem with hyphenchar and scrartcl

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu Aug 14 17:32:13 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:56:21 +0200 schrieb M. Niedermair:

> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with the hyphenchar and scrartcl.
>
> %\documentclass{article}
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
>
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text%
>        ,HyphenChar="E130%
>        ]{Linux Libertine O}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Dies ist ein Text\footnote{Fußnote ...} mit einer Fußnote.
>
> \end{document}
>
> If i use scrartcl, i get a gap (1cm) between "Text" and the footnote
> number. If i use article, i get the correct output without any gap.
>
> If i dont use HyphenChar, the gap doesn't exist (with article and scrartcl).
>
> What can i do?

Your example doesn't work for me, I get:

! Package fontspec Error: {
    "Linux Libertine O/ICU" doesn't appear to have the glyph
corresponding to "
E130.}
.

(with LinLibertine_Re-2.8.14.otf)

Apart from this: footnote means the use of \textsuperscript and this
reminds me that there was a bug somewhere in xltxtra related to
superscripts. So check if you have the newest version, and also check if
the problem disappear if you use only fontspec + xunicode.

--
Ulrike Fischer