[XeTeX] Underfull \vbox warning when using `listings'

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:56:54 CEST 2008

On 14/08/2008, at 6:03 PM, Forrest Y. Yu wrote:

>   I'm trying to list some source code using the package `listings'.
> It works very good when the code is short. However, when the code is
> long enough to cover at lease one whole page, XeLaTeX gives a
> warning like this:
>
>         Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while \output
> is active [2]

This is just a guess: before the code starts, put
   \raggedbottom
and after the code ends put
   \flushbottom

I suspect there's no stretchability between the lines of listings
code, so there's no way that (Xe)TeX can exactly fill up the page like
it wants to. (In a two-sided book, the goal is to have the textblock
finish at the same position on each facing page.)

Hope this works!
Will