[XeTeX] how to use pstricks with xetex or xelatex

Patrick Smith pasmith276 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:59:45 CEST 2008

I am relatively new to xetex (actually the whole world of TeX)  and I am
struggling to get pstricks to work. I have been able to muddle my way
through other configuration and set up issues, but pstricks is giving me
problems - namely I can "compile" the tex file but the pdf that gets
generated contains everything *except* the figure drawn by pstricks. All I
get is a big white space the size of the chart, like it is reserving the
space for it.
I am tried both the Basic MacTex 2007 and the full MacTeX 2007 distros on a
Mac OS X 10.5 system.

If someone could provide simple installation instructions for pstricks
and/or a complete tex document known to work with the commands needed to
compile and produce the pdf with the plot in it, that would be great. I
could really use whatever pointer anyone has on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.
.