[XeTeX] Bold font

Alastair M. Paterson TheDoc at WadiZaytoon.org
Wed Aug 13 10:41:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to produce bold text when the font itself does not contain
bold characters.

The command I'm using is:

\font\bold="Kalimati/B:script=deva;+abvs;+blws;+calt;mapping=Latin2DevanagariNums;embolden=25;letterspace=14"
at 9pt

The values for embolden and letterspace may be a little exagerated just
to experiment.

However, the letterspace parameter is making a difference, but the
embolden isn't.

I'm using a version of MikTeX that was dowloaded at the beginning of
July but am not sure if there is a specific version number. When running
the xetex command, it reports a version number of 3.141592-2.2-0.997.

If any one has a solution, it woul dbe greatly appreciated and I'd be
interested to know if anyone has had this working with MikTeX.

Many thanks

Alastair