[XeTeX] PDF properties like title, author and keywords

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Sun Aug 10 22:29:20 CEST 2008

On 10 Aug 2008, at 9:00 PM, Thomas Bohn wrote:

> On 10 Aug 2008, at 21:36, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> You need to be more specific about the version you are using. With
>> current versions of xetex, the xdvipdfmx driver, and hyperref, this
>> should work fine. I just tested a sample document with TeX Live 2008
>> beta, and the PDF properties are set correctly.
>
> I use the "current" MacTeX 2007 Dev. Should be from December 2007 or
> even earlier.
>
> $ xetex --version
> XeTeX 3.141592-0.996 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> kpathsea version 3.5.6
>
> Package: hyperref 2007/05/29 v6.76g Hypertext links for LaTeX (from a
> log file)

Version 0.996 on Mac OS X uses the xdv2pdf driver by default, which
does not support setting the PDF properties.

If you use the command-line option

     -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"

when running xelatex (or a TeXShop engine that includes this option),
you may have better success.

Starting from xetex v. 0.997, the default driver is xdvipdfmx, so no
special option is required.