[XeTeX] Problem with \XeTeXinputencoding

Xiao Cui texmajia at yahoo.cn
Fri Aug 1 13:08:51 CEST 2008

I am using TL2008test-20080724. The XeTeX version is 0.999.3
  It also fails when I try xelatex --no-pdf main.

  I know that it is not necessary to set the encoding to utf8.
  In fact, I have this trouble when I am using other encodings, say "gbk".
  And I find that it fails if the included file begin with \XeTeXinputencoding ....

  It gives the right result when I comment out the "\XeTeXinputencoding ...." line.

  It is also right after adding something  like `\section{a}' below the first line.

  I am attaching the files (tex/aux) as an attachment.

  Best,
  Xiao
Ulrike Fischer <news2 at nililand.de> 写道:
  Am Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:33:09 +0800 (CST) schrieb Xiao Cui:

> Sorry, the file main.tex should read as
> %**************************************************
> \documentclass{book}
> \includeonly{ex1}
> \begin{document}
> \include{ex1}
> \end{document}
>
> And the problem remains after removing the package {zhbook}.

I can't reproduce it. What version of xetex are you using? And is xetex
or the xdv->pdf step failing? (That means what do you get when you use
xelatex --no-pdf main ?

Btw: setting the encoding to utf8 shouldn't be necessary anyway.

--
Ulrike Fischer