[XeTeX] Beamer and Hyperref in xelatex

snvv snvv101 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:28:52 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 16:58:44 Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:24:10 +0300 schrieb snvv:
> > Hello
> > Using \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-xetex.def} before the document class the
> > previous error is gone
>
> This shouldn't be necessary with a recent beamer/pgf.

No but some times helps.

> > The attached version is only one of the hundreds that I have try, but
> > none worked.
>
> Make a *minimal* example that demonstrates your problem. No wonder that
> you don't find a solution to your problems if you mix in a lot of things
> that only confuse you and beamer.

The file that i attached in my previous email is a minimal one and
demonstrates the problem. If you run it then the output PDF file will not
have any information in file->properties (i.e KPDF) and the if you double
click the file it does not open in presentation mode.

> > \def\thepage{}
>
> ? What should this do? If you don't want a page number on a frame:
> change the pagestyle.

I am not quite sure. I use tex for about one and half months. So I would
describe myself as a naive user. May be there is something better, but I
don't know. The fact is that after that command the initial error about the
\thepage stopped. The compilation took place twice (in an effort of the
compiler to correct new errors and then nothing.

> > \documentclass[utf8x]{beamer
>
> Don't use the utf8x option with Xelatex!

texlive needs utf8x. It doesn't give anything with just utf8.
> But as I already said you will have to tell hyperref to use the dvipdfmx
> driver:
>
> \documentclass[hyperref=dvipdfmx]{beamer}
>
> > \usepackage{hyperref}
>
> beamer has already loaded hyperref.
>
> >  \begingroup
> >   \renewcommand{\thepage}{title}
> >   \newpage
> >  \endgroup
>
> ? Has this any sense?
No, but i tried without the "title". I thought if I set, indirectly, an empty
page, then hyperref would be misleaded but as they said have that "bug"
closed :).

Thank you for the help
Regards
sn