[XeTeX] Slanted Latin Modern specification with fontspec

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 28 12:46:17 CEST 2008

Am Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:51:40 +0200 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> To use the slanted roman font, then, just select it as the italic
>> shape
>>   [...,ItalicFont=Latin Modern Roman Slanted,...]
>> and either \textit or \textsl will switch to it.
>

> This isn't really an option: a false slanted variant. In pdfTeX
> slanting introduces four more variants for serif fonts, two (regular
> and bold) of upright (by forward slanting) and another two (regular
> and bold) of italic (by backward slanting).

You can add them with

\DeclareFontShape {EU1}{LatinModernRoman(0)}{m}{sl}
  {<->"Latin\space Modern\space Roman\space Slanted"}{}

\DeclareFontShape {EU1}{LatinModernMono(0)}{m}{sl}
  {<->"Latin\space Modern\space Mono\space Slanted"}{}

etc.

So it is possible to use them. The main question is if fontspec should
offer an special option for the slanted fonts. I for myself don't have
much use for slanted fonts.

> There should also be a way to set the angle(s) of slanting.

That's probably possible through some option after the font name.

--
Ulrike Fischer