[XeTeX] Slanted Latin Modern specification with fontspec

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 04:16:17 CEST 2008

On 28/04/2008, at 6:11 AM, Sebastián González wrote:

> But how can I specify "Latin
> Modern Roman Slanted" so that \textsl works as well?

The commands \textsl and \slshape for selecting a slanted shape is a
ridiculous notion and in my personal opinion should be dropped from
use. So, I don't support it in fontspec -- those commands just select
whatever the italic shape is instead. (Maybe I should be more clear
about this in the fontspec documentation.)

To use the slanted roman font, then, just select it as the italic shape
   [...,ItalicFont=Latin Modern Roman Slanted,...]
and either \textit or \textsl will switch to it.

Hope this helps,
Will