[XeTeX] XeTeX and Vista

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 21:23:22 CEST 2008

John Was schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have problems with font calls on Windows XP, which I think are mainly due
> to a lot of conflicting or near-conflicting font names on the system.  I
> ought to do a complete reinstall of Windows to see if that helps (and
> confine the installation of fonts to those I really need), but in the
> meantime I find that fonts are accessible if you go directly to the font
> file (where you need square brackets round the font call):
>
> \font\myfont = [d:/texfiles/outlfont/DS-Garamont] at 14pt
>
> (of course substitute whatever directory you keep your fonts in).
>
> Does that get you anywhere?

Indeed, this helps. At least XeTeX doesn‘t just stop and keeps silent.
Trying it with

\font\myfont = ["C:/Windows/Fonts/Arial"] at 14pt

\myfont test
\bye

gives me the correct pdf, everything is fine.
But if I try to use, e.g., the DS-Kurrent, which is in a file
DS-Kurrent… no. It is in a file called DSKURRN.TTF. If I insert this
file name, it works fine.
Great, thank you for your help, you made me very happy ;)

Thanks,
Arno